Monday, June 2, 2014

Snack: Green Smoothie

Green smoothies are coming into popularity now because you can stuff a ton of fruits and veggies and good nutrients into a delicious drink. I usually use mine to supplement a meal, like a breakfast of green smoothie and a Teff Muffin, for instance. I came up with this recipe for lunch after my dentist appointment this morning because I'm hungry, but the left side of my mouth is frozen, and I don't trust myself to chew.  The right side of my tongue says this is pretty tasty!

Green Smoothie
1 cup kale
1 carrot, scrubbed
1 apple, cored and sliced into quarters
1 orange, peeled and broken into quarters
1 banana, peeled
1 can coconut milk
1 Tbsp. chia seeds
6 slices (approx.) ginger 
Put all the ingredients in the blender, and enjoy! Makes 2 servings.
**Note: I love to use my Magic Blender because it's small and easy to clean, and I can drink right out of it. If you use a Magic Blender, too, only about half these ingredients will fit in the blender. I just put the rest away for later use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment